Joyous Butterfly

Joyous Butterfly

Friday, May 18, 2012

Paper Painting Weekend

 I had the fantastic fortune to attend a weekend workshop in Sedona about paper paintings.  It was taught by one of my favorite artists, Elizabeth St. Hilarie-Nelson.  This method is her specialty and was such a fun experience.  It took me full circle as collage was the medium that sparked in me 2 years ago when my art journey began.

We spent our first day hand painting founds papers.  Oh my what fun I had...it's so relaxing to me.  I got to play with color and patterns of all kinds not really worrying about the outcome because the next day we tore them all up.

We had a class of about 12 people from all over the country...even Canada.  We all had to do an apple.  Here is mine.  I've shown the under painting and then the finished collage painting.






  Here is a picture of Elizabeth during our last day.  We lined up our apples and had a critique.  So fun to see with the same subject how different each painting was...not a bad seed in the bunch!

Expect to see more collage paintings from this girl as it really "spoke" to her creative self.

No comments:

Post a Comment