Joyous Butterfly

Joyous Butterfly

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Let's catch up!

I took a break from blogging so I could focus of just painting for fun and experimenting with some new tricks I've discovered.  It's time to get back in the action so here goes....this is what you missed.

In Dec 2012 Milan Fine Art and Gallery 220 were invited to participate in the World of Art Showcase at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas!!  What a great opportunity for the budding artists of Gallery 220.  Gallery 220 is a collection of artists who are mentored by John and Elli Milan.   check out the website www.gallery-220.com
This pic shows the set up....

Here I am with fellow artists Barb Gomez and John and Elli Milan.  I of course painted the sunflowers and Barb painted the beautiful women.  It was a great weekend that included some sight seeing with Kirk and Kate.  Below is a quick pic of us enjoying the festive atrium at the Bellagio.  


It's always fun to see a finished piece in a collector's home.  This was a Christmas gift.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder right?  Well this was a "dud" that I put away for about 9 months then one day I resurrected it and added more fun elements and "magic" a colorful painting emerged.  This was purchased by a good friend, Bev, in Queen Creek, AZ.  


Get out and about!  While I love being in my studio it's also fun to see the world around you too,. Mary Ellen from Chicago came for a visit so we hit the desert in Tucson hiking.  I was taking pictures with the idea of painting some desert dwellers.  It wasn't until I got home and was going thru the photos that I saw how hilarious the above photo is.  Hilarious? you ask....well this is a self portrait of Kirk and I...guess which one I am.  LOL!

My amazing friend Mary Ellen.

and LIFE goes on........

stay tuned for more.


No comments:

Post a Comment